Digital marketing and communication professional with over 20 years experience and comprehensive understanding of platform development, content marketing, online media buying, and brand management. Successfully launched digital platforms for numerous start-ups to rebranding fortune 100 companies. Leadership style is a native driver with analyzing and collaboration as key components to achieving success. Can work both as a technologist and technician at many levels for marketing and development.
January 2014 – Present
Bright Vessel is a digital marketing firm that builds hybrid platforms and campaigns for small businesses to enterprise fortune 100 companies. Servicing over 200 clients nationally for e-commerce business management and 1 out of 30 companies certified by WordPress’s WooCommerce, the premiere platform of choice for online businesses.
- Digital marketing client example: Unique site visitors up 250%, reduced media spending 50% creating P&L margin improvement by 400%.
- Responsible for managing the acquisition, SEM programs, projects and development teams.
Senior Manager of Digital Marketing
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
November 2012 – January 2014
Liberty Power is the largest independent retail electric provider and 13th largest non-residential retailer in the United States based on the 2012 DNV KEMA Retailer Landscape report. Currently serving hundreds of thousands of accounts in 14 states ranging from large enterprise accounts to residential customers.
- Lead a digital team responsible for all consumer acquisition and retention marketing, branding, corporate communications, B2B marketing and sales support, and product development.
- Developed and launched a rebranding marketing strategy.
- Identified key issues & develop solutions for inbound calling facility to support new digital channels.
- Launched new digital platform and advertising for residential, small business, and enterprise level customers with conversions upwards to 23% which created over $10 million annual revenue in 2013.
- Business owner for the door to door sales App, which generated over 200 million in revenue in 2012.
Boca Raton, Florida
November 2011 – November 2012
Vitacost.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: VITC and $220 million in sales) is a leading online retailer and direct marketer of health and wellness products. The company sells approximately 46,000 of stocks, keeping units from approximately 2,500 third-party brands.
- Lead 10 person creative department responsible for all creative advertising and visual communications to more than 4 million customers.
- Increased efficiency by 400% by proactively identifying and eliminating areas of redundancy and bottlenecks.
- Achieved optimal levels of quality and production time by streamlining processes between creative, editorial, and project management teams.
- Reported to CEO and participated in shareholder board meetings to present concepts and direction of visual communications, campaigns, special projects, and strategies.
Senior Web Developer
February 2008 – September 2011
Spectrum Brands is a global consumer products company. Included but not limited to its portfolio brands are Rayovac, Remington, George Foreman, Black & Decker Home, Toastmaster, Dingo, 8-In-1, Spectracide. Spectrum Brands products are sold by the world’s top 25 retailers and are available in more than one million stores in more than 120 countries and generates annual revenue from continuing operations in excess of $3 billion.
- Lead four-person web development team in building out e-commerce platforms for Black & Decker appliances, George Foreman Cooking, Juiceman, Russell Hobbs, Breadman, and Littermaid in less than nine months.
- Generated $3 million the first year in new revenue by leading the first online digital channel. Increased to 5 million in the second year.
- Increased consumer retention by 15% and reactivated dormant consumers through weekly email retention campaigns.
- Responsible for $1.2 million acquisition media budget that includes web search, mobile, email, and online display ads.
January 2003 – January 2008
Digital Complexion, Inc. began operating in 2003 primarily as a specialist in small business web development. This included the custom development of impressive page designs, shopping carts, front and back end architecture, CMS as well as SEO services. During the companies time, the staff grew to 12 specialists, having completed a myriad of projects.
- Successfully managed all corporate aspects of a web development firm. At the peak of performance, the company retained over 5 employees that supported over 75 different websites.
- Developed numerous standard and e-commerce websites over a five year period on various web platforms using AspDotNetStorefront, WordPress, Joomla, Magneto, Dreamweaver and custom platforms.
- Led and managed a large outsource team including coders, user interface designers, project managers, writers, and PPC experts.
Boca Raton, Florida
January 2001 – January 2003
TV Interactive was a communication and production organization with extensive experience creating, producing and marketing award-winning educational campaigns and television programs. Pfizer, Novartis, Roche, and Merck were among some of the clients.
- Negotiated and managed all vendor and supplier relationships with an internal budget of +$250,000.
- Consistently led firm’s communication and presentation efforts with C-level executives and facilitated strong project management.
- Developed educational campaigns based on qualitative research which directly resulted in Emmy award-winning televisions show Health Solutions on MSNBC.
Peter James Design
Senior Art Director
Pompano Beach, Florida
January 1999 – January 2001
Peter James Design was award winning branding and identity firm based Pompano Beach that helps lifestyle inspired companies engage consumers and communicate brand culture.
- Supervised creative & production teams in the development of unique promotional materials.
- Improved inter-departmental productivity by establishing new internal procedural guidelines
- Conceptualized brand campaigns and strategies, and worked regularly with clients and creative director.
- Strategic Planning & Tactical Development
- Project Management
- Media, Vendor, Agency Relations
- Metric Driven Campaigns
- Customer Relationship Management
- Digital Marketing
- Brand Management
- Digital Platform Development
Bachelor of Science in Computer Animation / Multimedia Design
Fort Lauderdale Art Institute
Associates of Science in Video Production
Fort Lauderdale Art Institute